Grant Ranch CO 's Preferred Cosmetic Dentist Office
A Gentle Cosmetic Dentist Serving Residents in Grant Ranch CO
At 58 Dental, our goal is to provide healthy and beautiful smiles to those looking for a dentist in the Denver, CO and surrounding areas with the highest quality dental care. We offer general dentistry, pediatric dentistry and specialized dentistry services such as veneers, dental crowns, dentures and much more. When you leave our office, we want you to feel happy and satisfied with the services you've received.
At the top of a Colorado "14er," the view is awe inspiring, but difficult to see from lower elevations. In a similar way, 58 Dental has a breadth of vision for dentistry that is seldom shared or found. We practice the medical model for dentistry, focusing on prevention, remineralization therapy, and minimally invasive dentistry. In addition, we provide pre and post-head and neck radiation support.
- Treat each individual patient with dignity and respect
- Have staff members that are dedicated to advancing oral and overall health
- Create modern, research-based dental treatment plans
A Professional Family Dentist for Grant Ranch CO Residents
We help brighten smiles across Denver! A dental prophylaxis is a cleaning treatment performed to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Prophylaxis is an important dental treatment for stopping the progression of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
The Benefits Of Prophylaxis (Dental Cleaning Treatments)
- Bacterial removal: Calculus (also referred to as tartar) and plaque buildup, both above and below the gum line, can result in serious periodontal problems. Unfortunately, even with proper dental home care, it can be impossible to remove all debris, bacteria and deposits from gum pockets. The experienced eye of a dentist or hygienist, using specialized dental equipment, is necessary to catch potentially damaging buildup.
- Fresher breath: Halitosis (or bad breath) is generally indicative of advancing periodontal disease. A combination of decaying food particles (possibly below the gum line) and potential infection in the soft tissue or bone, results in bad breath. The routine removal of plaque and bacteria at our facility can noticeably improve halitosis and reduce the possibility of infection.
Adults over the age of 35 lose more teeth to gum disease (periodontal disease) than from cavities. Three out of four adults are affected at some time during their life. The best way to prevent cavities and periodontal disease is by good tooth brushing and flossing techniques, performed daily.
Minimally Invasive Dentistry Services
Minimally Invasive Dentistry is a dental treatment modality grounded in the most recent scientific literature. It can be applied to many aspects of dentistry. The basic fundamentals are:
- Nothing is better than your natural teeth.
- Dentistry should strive to maintain, to the greatest extent possible, your natural teeth.
- Dentistry should not intervene surgically, unless all other minimally invasive options have been exhausted.
At 58 Dental, one of the major focuses is on preventative dentistry. If a patient's caries risk, or the potential to form "cavities," is high then custom fluoride trays will be recommended. The acid created by the oral bacteria demineralizes the tooth structure which leads to cavities. Fluoride has the ability to remineralize and actually repair the tooth structure. The goal of fluoride trays is to shift the oral balance from demineralization to remineralization. This is accomplished through various means, but one of the primary mechanisms is to increase a patient's frequency and duration of exposure to fluoride.
Fluoride trays accomplish this goal by increasing the amount of time fluoride is in contact with the teeth. 58 Dental recommends that the fluoride trays be worn through the night when salivary flow is decreased and when bacteria are most effective. The fluoride gel that is placed in the thin, clear, custom trays has 5,500 parts per million of fluoride. This is 5.5 times the fluoride compared to over-the-counter fluoride toothpaste which contains 1,000 parts per million of fluoride. This level of fluoride exposure is effective and safe in adult patients.
Grant Ranch CO 's Leading Cosmetic Dentist
In addition to being an experience preventative and family dentist, we also specialize in providing cosmetic dentistry as well. Check below for a few of our more major cosmetic services, and contact us to learn more about how we can revitalize your smile today!