Experienced Family Dentist Throughout Castle Pines CO
A Gentle Family Dentist Serving Residents in Castle Pines CO
At 58 Dental, our goal is to provide healthy and beautiful smiles to those looking for a dentist in the Denver, CO and surrounding areas with the highest quality dental care. We offer general dentistry, pediatric dentistry and specialized dentistry services such as veneers, dental crowns, dentures and much more. When you leave our office, we want you to feel happy and satisfied with the services you've received.
At the top of a Colorado "14er," the view is awe inspiring, but difficult to see from lower elevations. In a similar way, 58 Dental has a breadth of vision for dentistry that is seldom shared or found. We practice the medical model for dentistry, focusing on prevention, remineralization therapy, and minimally invasive dentistry. In addition, we provide pre and post-head and neck radiation support.
Continual Growth and Knowledge
At our foundation, the 58 Dental team is dedicated to ongoing education. We pass that on to you as patient education with an understanding of your own dental health. At 58 Dental, we spend generous amounts of time answering your questions, addressing concerns and learning about you and your oral health. Awareness of one's own health is the beginning of successful dental treatment, and 58 Dental is committed to that.
A Professional Family Dentist for Castle Pines CO Residents
We help brighten smiles across Denver! A dental prophylaxis is a cleaning treatment performed to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Prophylaxis is an important dental treatment for stopping the progression of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
The Benefits Of Prophylaxis (Dental Cleaning Treatments)
- Bacterial removal: Calculus (also referred to as tartar) and plaque buildup, both above and below the gum line, can result in serious periodontal problems. Unfortunately, even with proper dental home care, it can be impossible to remove all debris, bacteria and deposits from gum pockets. The experienced eye of a dentist or hygienist, using specialized dental equipment, is necessary to catch potentially damaging buildup.
- Fresher breath: Halitosis (or bad breath) is generally indicative of advancing periodontal disease. A combination of decaying food particles (possibly below the gum line) and potential infection in the soft tissue or bone, results in bad breath. The routine removal of plaque and bacteria at our facility can noticeably improve halitosis and reduce the possibility of infection.
Adults over the age of 35 lose more teeth to gum disease (periodontal disease) than from cavities. Three out of four adults are affected at some time during their life. The best way to prevent cavities and periodontal disease is by good tooth brushing and flossing techniques, performed daily.
Minimally Invasive Dentistry Services
Minimally Invasive Dentistry is a dental treatment modality grounded in the most recent scientific literature. It can be applied to many aspects of dentistry. The basic fundamentals are:
- Nothing is better than your natural teeth.
- Dentistry should strive to maintain, to the greatest extent possible, your natural teeth.
- Dentistry should not intervene surgically, unless all other minimally invasive options have been exhausted.
In-Office Fluoride Varnish
At 58 Dental, one of the major focuses is on preventative dentistry. If a patient's caries risk, or the potential to form "cavities", is moderate to high, then in-office fluoride will be recommended. The acid created by the oral bacteria demineralizes the tooth structure. Fluoride has the ability to remineralize or actually repair the tooth structure. The goal of in-office fluoride varnish is to shift the oral balance from demineralization to remineralization. This is accomplished through various means, but one of the primary mechanisms is to increase a patient's frequency and duration of exposure to fluoride.
The fluoride varnish that is used at 58 Dental is the best material currently available on the market. The varnish contains not only fluoride but also calcium and phosphate which are the two primary minerals found in the natural tooth enamel. In addition, the concentration of fluoride found in the varnish is 22,600 parts-per-million, compared to regular toothpaste which contains 1,000 parts-per-million.
Castle Pines CO 's Best Cosmetic Dentist
In addition to being an experience preventative and family dentist, we also specialize in providing cosmetic dentistry as well. Check below for a few of our more major cosmetic services, and contact us to learn more about how we can revitalize your smile today!