Quality Family Dentist Near The Pinery CO
A Gentle Family Dentist Serving Residents in The Pinery CO
At 58 Dental, our goal is to provide healthy and beautiful smiles to those looking for a dentist in the Denver, CO and surrounding areas with the highest quality dental care. We offer general dentistry, pediatric dentistry and specialized dentistry services such as veneers, dental crowns, dentures and much more. When you leave our office, we want you to feel happy and satisfied with the services you've received.
At the top of a Colorado "14er," the view is awe inspiring, but difficult to see from lower elevations. In a similar way, 58 Dental has a breadth of vision for dentistry that is seldom shared or found. We practice the medical model for dentistry, focusing on prevention, remineralization therapy, and minimally invasive dentistry. In addition, we provide pre and post-head and neck radiation support.
- Treat each individual patient with dignity and respect
- Have staff members that are dedicated to advancing oral and overall health
- Create modern, research-based dental treatment plans
An Experienced Family Dentist for The Pinery CO Residents
We help brighten smiles across Denver! A dental prophylaxis is a cleaning treatment performed to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Prophylaxis is an important dental treatment for stopping the progression of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
The Benefits Of Prophylaxis (Dental Cleaning Treatments)
- Bacterial removal: Calculus (also referred to as tartar) and plaque buildup, both above and below the gum line, can result in serious periodontal problems. Unfortunately, even with proper dental home care, it can be impossible to remove all debris, bacteria and deposits from gum pockets. The experienced eye of a dentist or hygienist, using specialized dental equipment, is necessary to catch potentially damaging buildup.
- Fresher breath: Halitosis (or bad breath) is generally indicative of advancing periodontal disease. A combination of decaying food particles (possibly below the gum line) and potential infection in the soft tissue or bone, results in bad breath. The routine removal of plaque and bacteria at our facility can noticeably improve halitosis and reduce the possibility of infection.
Adults over the age of 35 lose more teeth to gum disease (periodontal disease) than from cavities. Three out of four adults are affected at some time during their life. The best way to prevent cavities and periodontal disease is by good tooth brushing and flossing techniques, performed daily.
Minimally Invasive Dentistry Services
Minimally Invasive Dentistry is a dental treatment modality grounded in the most recent scientific literature. It can be applied to many aspects of dentistry. The basic fundamentals are:
- Nothing is better than your natural teeth.
- Dentistry should strive to maintain, to the greatest extent possible, your natural teeth.
- Dentistry should not intervene surgically, unless all other minimally invasive options have been exhausted.
The bacteria in the mouth causes the carious process, also known as "cavities." These bacteria use the sugars out of your diet to produce acid. The acid attacks the teeth, breaking down the enamel. When the bacteria are controlled, there is the opportunity to actually repair, in some instances, the damage caused by the bacteria.
The repair process is known as Remineralization Therapy. Remineralization therapy relies on the natural ability of fluoride, calcium and phosphate to integrate into the tooth enamel and repair the damaged tooth. Remineralization Therapy is effective in small carious lesions. If patient compliance is high, then results are predictable. It is always exciting to avoid "drilling" on a tooth, instead allowing the enamel to be naturally repaired.
The Pinery CO 's Leading Cosmetic Dentist
In addition to being an experience preventative and family dentist, we also specialize in providing cosmetic dentistry as well. Check below for a few of our more major cosmetic services, and contact us to learn more about how we can revitalize your smile today!